It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:35 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Minutes of Dec. BOD meeting 
President

Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:28 pm
Posts: 459
Class: Road Race
Chassis: Comet
Engine: Yamaha
Post Minutes of Dec. BOD meeting
Dec. 13, 2014
Minutes – MSOKC BOD Meeting


A. Admin . Meeting held at Chris Ianniello’s home.
(1.) In attendance: . 1. Chris Ianniello (Pres.) 2. John Fox ( VP ) 3. Bill Davis ( Sec ) 4. Greg Wilkinson 5. Mike Davis 6. Butch McCall ( via call in ) Absent: 1.Eric Fagan , 2. Alt. Brent Odson. 3. Austin Queen . 4. Kate Mays ( Treas ), 5. Steve Schobert 6. Mike Yoerger Guests: 1. Matt Davis
(2) Treasure’s Report . Not available but Mike has corresponded with Kate to verify that balance covers awards.
(3) Nov. minutes approved .
B. Old business
1. MSOKC T shirts .
none sold last month. Still have about 20 shirts. Still on sale: $10 sale price. three for $20.
2. track insurance Open.
3. Banquet Sunday, Jan 11 at China Bell. 4PM buffet dinner. Business meeting, entertainment, and awards presentations to follow. No Silent Auction. John Fox and Austin Queen, chairmen.
4. Next Year No One from CRP was able to attend, but Bill sent a text to Steve on Dec. 1 offering a source to operate the CRP WebSite and also repeated previous conversations that people whether aligned with the club or not would continue to support the track. Steve was interested in the Web support and stated that he will work with all the racers next year. John Fox stated that he has talked with Eric and is trying to meet soon to review a tentative schedule. Eric told John that he ( Eric ) is trying to schedule around ( not interfere with ) New Castle, Holidays ( there are 5, not counting Fathers’ Day ), WKA Gold Cup, and Commercial Point. Bill said that he texted Steve that except for C.Pt., our guys don’t race at the other venues and the racers at other tracks don’t come here either, therefore it doesn’t make sense to even attempt to schedule around them. We should accommodate the C Pt. race, schedule the remaining 1st and 3rd Sundays, and publish the schedule. Steve did not reply.
Since MSOKC will continue next year, it’s in MSOKC’s vested interest to see CRP succeed. MSOKC will continue to offer assistance but we don’t want to interfere with CRP’s effort to operate the races either.
5. MSOKC, next year. Even though CRP will to operate the race activities next year, MSOKC would continue to have monthly gatherings as well as the MSOKC.org website but without race info, points, schedule, GRC’s, and ByLaws. There will be a nominal membership fee, mainly to pay for the Website. The Treasury would continue in operation and the Club assets, mainly well over $1000 in gages, would be maintained. However, the gages may be offered to CRP to purchase or to lease. Pros and Cons of both gage options were discussed.
As stated on earlier minutes, at the Drivers’ Meeting at the last race of the season a few BOD members, including Chris, stated that they do not plan to continue to serve on the BOD next year. Chris asked who would be interested in joining the BOD next year. No one volunteered.
During the Business Meeting segment of Awards Banquets, historically, new Board Members are nominated and elected. Bill stated that since the number of people who want to be on the Board is falling off and MSOKC will have no control over operational functions such as the schedule, classes, GCR’s, tech, registration, tower, Race Director, track staff, Points, solicitation of Sponsors, etc. next year, there won’t be any action items for BOD members to actually work on, change, and vote on. Bill suggested that there be no actual BOD members and that all club members are welcome to come to and participate in the monthly meetings. Since attendance was limited at tonight’s meeting ( see attendance at the beginning of these minutes ) and since more input is needed on this very important topic, the subject was tabled for further discussion ----- but must be resolved within a few weeks since our next get together is the Banquet itself.
6.“OSAC” (Ohio State Asphalt Champ) series. Bill stated that he has emailed Rick Chapman a couple of times since last meeting with no new info but plans to meet with Rick perhaps at Adkins within the next few weeks .
C. New business
Chris contacted and received several awards from long-time supporter and major sponsor, FastTech. Chris suggested and the BOD agreed to give FastTech’s certificates at banquet to those that didn’t receive FastTech certificates at last years drivers’ meetings. Fastech also offered to pay for a new bill board next year. Action on the sign to be discussed at subsequent meetings.

Meeting adjourned at approx 9:30.
Next meeting is part of the Awards Banquet on Jan. 11

Minutes respectfully submitted by Bill Davis Secretary, MS


Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:57 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron