It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:30 am

The future of the MSoKC 
Vice President

Class: Jr. Clone
Chassis: Bandit
Engine: 4 cycle Clone
Post The future of the MSoKC
Gentelmen ....and Ladies.....As we all know, MSoKC has more or less fallen apart. I Have been a member of this club since it's inception. We had many great races days and I think we all made a lot of great friends....and learned a lot along the way.

Central Ohio Kart racers are now driving great distances to race. Some to New Castle, Ind.....others to Camden Ohio and Port Washington Ohio. With that being said, There is a nice kart racing facility closer......Wilmington Raceway Park is 40 mins from Columbus.......an pretty sure the track owner would welcome us with open arms.

Some folks will say that the track is not raceable.......ALL tracks are raceable! This is one of the most challenging tracks I've been to....and what better way to improve your driving ability than a challenging race track.

Wilmington has a large LO206 class which most seem to run these days, also some Yamaha classes. I would like to get together and possibly have a meeting to discuss this. Since CRP has no interest in having Kart races there any longer, I feel this is a great oppourtunity to not only have a closer place to race but to keep our club alive, and keep karting alive in central Ohio. If any of you racers.....or non racers are interested, let's hear some input, and hopefully we can put our club back together and have a nice facility to race.

Butch McCall
MSoKC V.Pres.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:43 am

The future of the MSoKC 
President

Class: Road Race
Chassis: Comet
Engine: Yamaha
Post Re: The future of the MSoKC
With Heart-felt sadness, I agree with Butch’s assessment of CRP’s commitment to kart racing in the Columbus area and the downside of having to drive hours to distant racing facilities.
On the upside though, again, I agree with Butch about throwing MSOKC support to Wilmington Raceway which is just an hour-plus away. Elmer, the track manager is one of the nicest guys there is and is an avid supporter of karting as well as a karter himself ( as was Steve Tatman at Circlville ). Iron Will Kart Parts is a well stocked shop on site. Wilmington has a nice air-conditioned scoring tower, PA asystem, and a new AMB system with rental transponders.
By considering Wilmington, we will continue to implement the MSOKC Purpose: To organize, promote, and advance kart racing activities with-in the mid-Ohio region. Also, we’ll keep our organization alive so that if and when CRP is revived ( which I sincerely believe will happen within the next few years ), there will be a vibrant, dedicated group to partner with it which has successfully occurred at Adkins Raceway.

Regards; Bill Davis
MSOKC President

Regards; Bill Davis
MSOKC President

Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:30 pm

The future of the MSoKC 
Vice President

Class: Jr. Clone
Chassis: Bandit
Engine: 4 cycle Clone
200 views and no feedback.....hmmmmmm.......

Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:10 pm

The future of the MSoKC 

Class: kids
Chassis: margay
Engine: predator
The Gilligan crew wholeheartedly agrees with racing at Wilmington. We went there early this season to race with Trevor a couple of times but no other kids showed up. Elmer was hoping more kids would come and was asking if MSOKC would be racing there this year. He's very welcoming to having us race there and the facility is top notch. New timing system installed this year. Let do it!

Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:22 am