Class: Road Race
Chassis: Comet
Engine: Yamaha
Post Excitement for 2019 season !
Class: Road Race
Chassis: Comet
Engine: Yamaha

Starter, low entry-cost class
Local racing needs a "Jump Start" by attracting new people to Circleville Raceway's KISS series. Steve has done his part in setting the schedule. MSOKC needs to support this by not only participating in practice days and KISS race days, but also coming up with some new ideas.
Butch introduced the Predator Junior class our last year of activity and 4 karters jumped in. Four may not sound like allot but when kids are out there for the first time, just getting lined up for the green flag gets kinda' dicey and then see how they react to the blue flag. So bottom line, 3 or 4 was plenty and some have already advanced to higher classes.
I'm suggesting the same idea for senior newbies. The $100 Predator engine would be a great venue to get several going. I think there are several existing guys ( initials being; BD, SS, GG, MK, DE, DB. - that's 6 already ! ) who would be interested in joining the fun. Although they are experienced, with the lower speeds, they won't have a whole lot of an advantage.
As a starter, I think Butch's Junior engine rule ( less restrictor plate ) will be great. Then,buy a Predator from Harbor Freight and take it still in its stapled-shut box to Butch. He'll trade you a new, sealed engine waiting on the shelf, ready to go. Butch can publish the specs he wrote up before - -- and --- off we go !

By copy of this post, I'm asking Steve if the class can be put into the schedule.

Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:49 pm

Excitement for 2019 season ! 

Class: Tag senior
Chassis: Beisse
Engine: Leopard
Post Re: Excitement for 2019 season !
What are the classes and race dates?

Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:00 pm